Our New Website
Building a website is no small feat for a business but it is necessary for the modern world. Our goals in creating the website were to allow our future tenants to view our listings with ease and clarity. We also wanted to highlight how charming and beautiful an area Chestnut Hill is and all that it can offer to it’s residents! There are many steps to building a new website or revamping your current website. Let me walk you through our steps to give you a better idea of how it all worked. Of course we couldn’t have done it without the amazing team at Impart Creative!
- Make a list of website companies you are looking to working with and ask around for reputable companies that build websites. The other option is to take a look at websites that you do like and find out who built them. We prepared a list of items to give the website designer so they could get a better idea of who we are as a company. Those items included company name, industry, purpose, color preferences, image preferences, and a list of examples of 3-5 websites that we liked.
- Choose a website designer that you trust and understands your company and your vision.
- The wireframe stage is next and this is where you will figure out the map of your site. All of the headings you’d like to use and what you’d like your menu to have. We wanted to showcase our properties but also highlight the Chestnut Hill area so that is why we created the neighborhood page with the subsections of Experience, Navigate, and Engage. We also talked about wanting to start a blog which we look forward to sharing updates with regularly.
- The design stage is next which is the fun part! This is where we got to see a mockup of how the site would look with all the pictures shared with the designer, the color palate chosen, and each page laid out. This is the time to discuss with your designers any changes that you’d like to make to the site. This will not show the website fully developed yet but it will give you the picture of the site so you can imagine what it will look like when you visit each page.
- The build stage is next which takes the site onto WordPress or a similar platform. This is where the design team introduced us on how to update the site ourselves with the site fully built from their end. They walked us through how to update photos, change wording, and adjust sections of the page. This is very important because once the site is completed there will be updates that you will want to make whether that’s changing an image or creating a new blog post. You will want to make any last minute adjustments or changes before you fully launch the site. You can preview the site and fully click around and explore around the different pages. It will act as a fully developed website but it won’t be public until you say it’s time to launch.
- The launch is where you get to officially bring the site online to the public eye. Congratulations, all of your hard work and planning really paid off! If your site is brand new you will want to make sure that it is associated with your google business listing and updated on all of your social media sites too. If you’re like us and had a revamping of your site your website address will be the same but your site will have an entirely different look, so make sure you let your customers know with advertising and marketing that you now have a fresh, new appearance!
We hope you love our new website as much as we do! Please get in contact with us if you’re interested in renting or starting a business in Chestnut Hill. We will help you find the perfect spot!